Focused Key Performance Indicators How to Develop KPIs that Link to Strategy
Location & Time
Brisbane: Capri Hotel – 3 May, 2019
Sydney: Harbourview Hotel – 10 May, 2019
Melbourne: Parkview Hotel – 17 May, 2019
- Thought Leadership
- Change how you lead performance measurement thinking in your organisation
- Fresh Framework
- Adopt new ways to solve performance problems
- Innovative Methods
- Employ a better system to design performance measures and scorecards.
Do you want:
- To be a thought leader in performance measurement?
- A fresh framework to solve performance problems?
- Innovative methods to design a scorecard that has impact?
If your answer to any of these questions is “yes” then this leading-edge workshop is for you. It will provide you with the confidence and skills to deal with today’s challenges through effective thinking around performance, clever measurement, and a scorecard that ticks all the boxes on effectiveness.
It will help your organisation to:
- develop a scorecard at any organisation level – organisation, department, individual
- design KPIs that drive innovation and productivity
- produce scorecards that track outcomes
- identify leading indicators of performance
- link corporate KPIs to unit and individual KPIs
- convert appraisals to genuine performance scorecards
- couple KPIs to your business model.
You Want to Hear from the Best
For over 20 years Graham Kenny has been at the global forefront of developing methods to improve the way managers design strategy and measure performance. He has now taken everything he has learnt as CEO; consultant; professor of strategy at universities around the world; and panellist and writer at the Harvard Business Review and distilled this expertise and experience into this masterclass.
- Limited number of delegates – maximum of 10 to ensure the greatest interaction with Graham and other delegates
- Interactive workshop format
- Group learning and practical exercises
- Active learning
- Step-by-step course manual
- Step-by-step you will be shown how to develop a scorecard of KPIs that will focus your staff’s energy and your organisation’s resources to boost performance.
State-of-the-Art Manual and Scorecard Template
Our how-to manual explains the steps to follow and provides you with a ready reference when back at work.
You’ll also be provided with a template that you can use as a model in developing your scorecard. This template is employed in exercises during the day.
Anyone interested in boosting the performance of their organisation, department or section by developing: better thinking around performance measurement and effectiveness; a clearer view of what measuring performance can deliver; what the contents of an effective scorecard should be; and how to implement a performance scorecard simply and effectively.
This includes middle to senior management as well as team leaders and department or section heads.
You’ll leave knowing you’ve heard the “right stuff” from a thought leader and practitioner, Dr Graham Kenny, Australia’s only regular contributor to the Harvard Business Review.
This fresh look at KPIs will open your eyes to a simple way to develop performance measures that will boost the performance of your organisation or business unit.
The practical and proven methods can be applied to any organisation or sector, private, public or not-for-profit.
REVIEWING FOUNDATIONS FOR FOCUSED KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
- Features of a Focused Scorecard
- Unravelling the “Performance” in Measures
- Distilling the Essence of Successful Performance Measurement
- Employing Outside-in Thinking to Generate Measures
- Avoiding Performance Measurement Faults
- Principles in Developing Effective KPIs
- Tests for an Effective Scorecard
DEVELOPING RESPONSES TO CURRENT ISSUES
- Future of Performance Appraisals
- Performance Management Revolution
- Assessing Published Scorecards for Relevance and Effectiveness
- Transparency and KPIs in Annual Reports
- Measuring through a Stakeholder Lens
WORKSHOPPING THE STEPS TO DESIGNING A FOCUSED SCORECARD
- Forming Performance Measurement Team
- Adjusting for Corporate Direction
- Identifying Key Stakeholders
- Developing Measures on Objectives
- Developing Measures on Strategic Factors
- Assembling Measures as Measures Matrix
- Selecting Measures to Be KPIs in Scorecard
- Mapping KPIs
- Setting Measurement Intervals
- Setting Targets on KPIs
- Cascading KPIs to Generate Links
The seminar day opens at 8.30am with registration and coffee. The program starts at 9.00am and concludes at 5.00pm.