Focused Key Performance Indicators How to Develop KPIs that Link to Strategy
Key Take Outs
- Confidence and skills in performance measurement
- Know you’ve heard the right stuff from a performance expert
- Critically assess scorecards and KPIs
Learn How To
- Measure outcomes rather than activity
- Design a performance scorecard linked to business strategy
- Develop leading indicators that predict future results
- Set KPI targets with measurement intervals
- Design KPIs that drive productivity and innovation
- Map cause-and-effect of KPIs to allocate resources effectively
Performance Measurement Master Class
Dr Kenny will lead you, with an emphasis on learning-by-doing:
- Limited number of delegates – maximum of 10 to ensure the greatest interaction with leaders and other delegates
- Interactive workshop format
- Group learning and practical exercises
- Active learning
- State-of-the-art performance measurement workshop and reference manual
- Performance measurement template to use and keep you on track
- Step-by-step you will be shown how to design KPIs and put them together as a scorecard that will focus your staff’s energy on boosting performance.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone interested in boosting the performance of their organisation, department or section.
This fresh look can be applied to any group, organisation or sector. Businesses, government enterprises and agencies, and not-for-profit organisations will all benefit from these practical and proven methods.
“Graham has a thorough knowledge and is able to teach his theories with clarity and by good use of case studies and examples. I wish I had done this years ago”. Ben Connell, CEO Kimbriki Environmental Enterprises
The program is not a sitting-and-listening day. It involves active learning simulating what you would do in practice.
FOUNDATIONS FOR FOCUSED KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS
9.00 – 10.30 am
This session sets the foundations for the rest of the day – and for your future performance measurement.
- Features of a Focused Scorecard
- Unravelling the “Performance” in Measures
- Distilling the Essence of Successful Performance Measurement
- Employing Outside-in Thinking to Generate Measures
- Avoiding Performance Measurement Faults
- Principles in Developing Effective KPIs
- Tests for an Effective Scorecard
STEPS IN DESIGNING A FOCUSED SCORECARD
10.45 – 5.00 pm
The remaining sessions involve ideas, methods and examples. You’ll have the opportunity to try these out for your organisation.
- Forming Performance Measurement Team
- Adjusting for Corporate Direction
- Identifying Key Stakeholders
- Developing Measures on Objectives
- Developing Measures on Strategic Factors
- Assembling Measures as Measures Matrix
- Selecting Measures to Be KPIs in Scorecard
- Mapping KPIs
- Setting Measurement Intervals
- Setting Targets on KPIs
- Cascading KPIs to Generate Links
The seminar day opens at 8.30am with registration and coffee. The program starts at 9.00am and concludes at 5.00pm.