Agile Strategic Planning How to Develop Strategy that Boosts Performance
Key Take Outs
- Confidence and skills in strategic thinking
- Know you’ve heard the right stuff from a strategy expert
- Steps to develop strategy to boost performance
Learn How To
- Stop being diverted from strategic to operational issues
- Simplify strategic planning and strategy development
- Spot the difference: strategy, objectives and actions
- Identify corporate purpose to drive performance
- Employ tools to face the innovation challenge
- Design an action plan to implement strategies
- Develop business-model choices for a competitive edge.
Strategy Master Class
- Limited number of delegates to ensure the greatest interaction with leaders and other delegates
- Interactive workshop format
- Group learning and practical exercises
- State-of-the-art strategy workshop and reference manual
- Strategic plan template to use and keep you on track
- Step-by-step you will be shown how to design strategy and put together a strategic plan that will sharpen your competitive edge
Who Should Attend?
Open to all – managers, department heads, CEOs and directors interested in boosting performance.
This fresh look at strategic planning can be applied to any group, organisation or sector. Businesses, government enterprises and agencies, and not-for-profit organisations will all benefit from these practical and proven methods.
“Enjoyed it very much. Interesting, informative and useful – great to have all the examples from other industries. Good format and approach.” Susanne Meilenbrock, Clinical Research Manager, Roche Pharmaceuticals
“Very worthwhile seminar that has refocused my approach to strategy. Having completed an MBA recently, this single day was more relevant than a whole week on the subject of strategy and business policy.” Marty Smyth, Planning & Performance Manager, St John Ambulance
“Excellent. Easy to understand. Very practical examples. Well-paced presentation.” Michael Brown, Manager Governance & Strategic Planning, Department of Transport, WA
The program is not a sitting-and-listening day. It involves active learning simulating what you would do in practice.
FOUNDATIONS FOR AGILE STRATEGY
9.00 – 10.30 am
This session sets the foundations for the rest of the day – and for your future strategic planning.
- Features of Agile Strategic Planning
- Creating New Business Models
- Unravelling Strategy from Objectives and Action
- Distilling the Ingredients of Success
- Employing Outside-in Thinking
- Avoiding Strategic Planning Faults
- Tests for an Effective Strategic Plan
STEPS IN DEVELOPING AN AGILE STRATEGIC PLAN
10.45 – 5.00 pm
The remaining sessions involve ideas, methods and examples. You’ll have the opportunity to try these out for your organisation.
- Forming Strategy Team
- Writing Industry and Business Overview
- Documenting Planning Parameters
- Identifying Key Stakeholders
- Identifying Strategic Factors
- Recognising Key Strategic Issues
- Drafting Purpose and Values
- Developing Measurable Objectives
- Designing Strategies to Achieve Targets
- Writing Action Plan to Implement Strategies
- Finalising Income Statement
The seminar day opens at 8.30am with registration and coffee. The program starts at 9.00am and concludes at 5.00pm.